- Patient 360 for Health innovations help Salesforce’s healthcare ecosystem deliver success with cost-efficient tools and automation to help increase productivity.
- Innovations including Behavioral Health, Advanced Therapy Management, Salesforce Genie for Healthcare, and Care Coordination to help deliver patient success now, all on a single platform.
- According to Salesforce’s 2022 Success Metrics Global Highlights study, healthcare and life sciences organizations using Salesforce are seeing an average 25%* savings on operational costs.
Today, Salesforce announced new Patient 360 for Health innovations that provide cost-saving automation, personalized intelligence, and real-time data for healthcare and life sciences organizations to deliver comprehensive patient success and equitable care with greater efficiency. Salesforce customers including Advanced Recovery Systems, bluebird bio, and John Muir Health are now tapping into these new capabilities to build on existing Patient 360 solutions.
Amid macroeconomic turbulence, the healthcare industry is on a costly path to post-pandemic recovery. Of the nearly $4 trillion spent on healthcare annually in the United States, administrative spending makes up about one-quarter of the total cost. What’s more, the healthcare industry is experiencing crisis-level labor shortages, with California and New York projected to lose half a million healthcare workers by 2026, making hiring more expensive than ever.
With headwinds like these, organizations are under pressure to become more efficient and do more with less. They must deliver success now, to their patients and to other stakeholders.
Patient 360 for Health Innovations
Now, Patient 360 for Health is built to put the patient at the center of everything. The full list of innovations can be found here.
- With Behavioral Health, teams can personalize engagement for patients at each step of their care journey and provide access to mental and behavioral health services more efficiently to help address behavioral health inequities.
- Advanced Therapy Management helps pharmaceutical companies streamline and maintain full visibility around the entire advanced therapy treatment processes for patients – from referrals, apheresis, and multiple appointment scheduling to drug manufacturing and administration – by connecting everyone involved in a patient’s therapy journey.
- Salesforce Genie for Healthcare integrates real-time clinical data, such as past and current medications, and non-clinical data, such as social determinants of health, to create a more comprehensive patient profile.
From one single platform, Patient 360 for Health innovations can help:
- Behavioral health specialists now quickly get up to speed on a patient’s full history — including social determinants of health like social & community context and educational status — and share standardized assessments in real time to capture critical patient information.
- Crisis center counselors now identify risks in real time. They can de-escalate patients calling into a hotline like 988 because they are experiencing a mental health crisis and follow up to refer them to appropriate resources to help get them any necessary care.
- Treatment center care coordinators now book all of the visits for a patient receiving advanced therapy at the same time, from initial referral and consent, to blood sampling, infusion, and post-treatment care.
- Care managers now receive automatic notifications when a patient’s health, social or clinical score has dropped – due to factors like losing access to transportation or missing an appointment – so they can quickly coordinate in Slack and intervene and help get the patient back on track with a care plan.
- Medical device companies can now provide customers in need of a device, such as a knee brace, with access to additional products from other brands that will speed up their recovery time, such as vitamins or footwear, all from one website.